Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Know It Has Been A While

I know it has been a while since I posted. I could give you the normal "bla bla bla" about how busy I have been and all that, but I will spare you.
The training for Grindstone is going VERY WELL !!!! So much better than this time 2 years ago. I got in 21 on Friday. Took Saturday off to get all our corn cleaned and frozen, then got another 21 on Sunday after church. It was not quite as hot as it has been, but it was plenty hot. I have never gotten 42 miles in over a 3 day period before. It went way better than I expected. I almost quite a half a mile into the run today, but me and God had a little talk about all this quiting nonsense. Well we got thru it and I was actually felling better as the run progressed. Not so good that I wanted to go any farther. ha ha.
I am really looking forward to Oct. Nov. and Dec. it is going to be an exciting ride.

Congrats to Adam Cassaday for his thru hike of the AT this summer. It was awesome living vicariously thru him as he ran the trail. http://wvultrarunner.blogspot.com/
Congrats to Jennifer Davis for setting a new record for the fastest thru hike on the AT this summer. http://jenniferpharrdavis.tumblr.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kenny and I'm glad to hear that your training is going well. Good luck and keep running strong!
    - Adam

    ReplyDelete