Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pipestem State Park

I had a job in Pipestem Sat. evening so I took that opportunity to run some trails at the state park. I ran down the "River Trail" with the intention of crossing the Bluestone River, then running down the river a couple of miles then making the return trip. It would have been about 10 miles, but when I got down to the river I knew I wasn't going to be able to cross it this evening.
I ran back up the trail and ran a loop out the "County Line Trail" then around the lake. It ended up being about 9 miles.
The trails are in horrible shape after all the rain we have had. They are rutted and washed out pretty bad. The horse trasils are REALLY BAD. The mud in places was well over my shoes. Of course by the time I got to the really bad horse trails it was dark, so that made it more fun. It was awesome. Man I must be crazy.
I will post some pics in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment