Saturday, June 27, 2009

It Has Been A Tough Week

I have worked a lot this week. Training for Grindstone has not went well. This was supposed to be about a 62 mile week, but it will probably end up being more like 30, if I get the 20 miles in tomorrow that are planed. I have had a lot of pain in my knees and ankles this week. When I have a bad running week like this I really start beating myself up about missing runs. I start really trying to evaluate what I am doing wrong.
I worked in the Hinton area on Friday so I stopped by Marks work to visit for a little while. We had a nice long talk. He suggested that I quit beating myself up and maybe train a little smarter. Not to worry so much about the middle of the week workouts and concentrate on the long weekend runs. I believe this is good advice. Thanks Mark.

1 comment:

  1. Have a good run it's Runday! Dad and I are going to attempt about a 40 mile bike ride I think.

    ReplyDelete