Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lewis McManus 5K

The Shirt
Before The Start

Bruce and Larry


Lee



The 6th annual Lewis McManus 5K was last Saturday. This race marked my 6th anniversary of running races. 6 years ago at this time I had been running for 6 months. I was only running 1-3 days a week, because every time I ran it would take me a few days to recover enough just to be able to walk around normally. I had no idea what to expect at that 1st race. I was afraid that I would embarrass myself. I was afraid that I would finish last. I didn't tell anybody that I was going to run the race, not even my family. I only told my wife on the morning of the race, because I had to tell her why I was getting up so early on a Saturday morning. Well I didn't embarrass myself. I didn't finish last. The people were so nice.I was hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment