Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting Back On Track

Well, finally I fill like I am getting my training back on track for Grindstone. I did not get to go to Virginia last weekend for the training runs, but I had really good runs here last weekend. The heart rate training, I believe is the ticket. It seems incredibly slow, but I fill soooo much better. I have more energy and I actually look forward to running again.
I got 13.3 on Saturday at Lake Stephans and 23 on Sunday afternoon on the Glade Creek Loop. It was smoking hot Sunday. It took me 5.5 hours to run and I consumed 182 oz. of water, 3 or 4 gels and 6 salt tablets and a lot of pretzels, fig newtons and beef jerky. The jerky was a new experiment. It was ok, but all the stuff stuck in my teeth drove me crazy while I was running.
Well that is enough for now. I am going to Lake Stephans to get in about 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment