Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Morning

We over slept this morning and missed Sunday School, so now I have a little time to kill before church, so I thought I would blog.
I got to run with Amy on Thursday. That was fun. I thought that would be a good chance to not run with the heart rate monitor, because I new Amy would push the pace a little. I think I will do this on 1 run every week or every other week. To kind of do a little speed work. Not really going fast, but just not go so slow.
I went to watch the Glade Springs Tri-athlon yesterday. That was cool. I have never got to see the fast people before. It was really awesome to see. Mark had a great day. His swimming has improved remarkably. His overall time was under 1:30. Way to go mark.
After the tri yesterday I got something to eat, then went to Bluestone State Park to run. I ran from there to Pipestem State Park. It is crazy how many flying insects there are on that trail in the summer. You don't dare stop, because they just swarm you. Then there is the occasional horse fly or deer fly that comes in for an attack. The best part about this trail in the summer time is the ice machine at the lodge in Pipestem. I completely filled the bladder in my pack with ice and then filled my hat with it too. It sure made the trip back seem a little cooler. The ice cold water made me a little nauseous, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment