Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I have an owie

I decided I was going to attempt to run the Liberty University Beast Series this year. I am not getting any younger and it includes a 100 mile race. I really want to do one of those before I get too old. http://www.extremeultrarunning.com/index.htm
I ran my second Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge in January. The Training for that went very well. The first race in the LU Beast was Holiday Lake 50K in February. I probably didn't train quite as hard as I should have. The last 10 miles was miserable because I developed pain in my lower left leg. I thought it might be a stress fracture, but it went away after 3 days. I took the week off, then started running without pain and I figured it was just some strange pain. Well I don't know now, because it came back with a vengeance on Sunday. So I took Mon. Tues. off and rode my road bike today. I think I am going to stay on the bike all this week. I am trying to get an appointment with a orthopedic doc.
I am going to suck it up and Lord willing I will run Terrapin Mountain 50K at the end of the month.




Here are some pics from Sunday. Thanks to Mark. My official photographer.








No comments:

Post a Comment